I managed to read 40 books in 2015 and I wanted to recap my favorite five. Here they are in order…….
5. Gone Girl- Gillian Flynn: It’s been a long time since I’ve enjoyed a book as much as this one. I almost broke my finger flipping through the last 200 pages. If you’ve seen the awful movie, don’t let it deter you. The book was fantastic. 4.5 stars out of 5.
4. Dead of Winter- Brian Moreland: Old school horror at its best. This was one of those books that once you start it, you can’t do much else until you finish it.
3. The first three books of A Song of Ice and Fire- George RR Martin: (Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords) I plan to finish the current printed books from this story this year, but I can say right now, the first three books are F-ing awesome. Time spent in Westeros is time well spent.
2. The Death House- Sarah Pinborough: I really enjoyed this book. Great characters, difficult situations, and the ending is perfect. This is a great novel to spend a few nights with.
1. A Head Full of Ghosts- Paul Tremblay: I raved about this book here. Here’s the gist of the book. There’s a family with two daughters. The teenage daughter is acting weird. Is she mentally ill? Possessed by a demon? These are the questions that the family tries tackle.
This book is a literary horror novel, but you don’t have to be a horror fan to like it. The book is fantastic!